What we’re experts in

Workplace Injuries – WorkCover Claims

If you are injured at work or as a consequence of your employment in Victoria then it is likely that you can claim compensation. It is important to understand that you don’t have to prove your employer is at fault. If your injury occurred at work, or if work was a significant contributing factor to your injury or aggravated a pre-existing condition or injury, you can claim medical and like expenses and weekly payments of compensation.

If you have suffered a permanent injury you may also be entitled to a lump sum even if your employer wasn’t at fault.

If you have suffered a serious injury and your injury was caused by your employer’s negligence then you may have an entitlement to further lump sum compensation called common law damages. In these circumstances we can claim compensation for the pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and, depending on you meeting certain thresholds, loss of income which you have suffered as a result of your injury.

People generally know they can claim for obvious physical injuries such as spinal injuries, amputations and psychological injuries but are often surprised that they are able to claim for heart attacks, strokes, silicosis, hernias, hearing loss, cancer including skin cancers, industrial asthma, and occupational dermatitis.  

Transport Accident Claims – TAC Claims

If you have been injured as a result of a motor vehicle accident in Victoria then we can help you with obtaining compensation for loss of earnings, medical expenses and lump sum compensation.

Compensation for medicals, loss of earnings and lump sum compensation is available even if there is no one else to blame for your accident. For example, the road conditions or an animal caused the accident.

Whether you’re a pedestrian, cyclist, passenger or driver so long as your injuries were caused as a result of the driving of a motor vehicle we can assist you to get the compensation you are entitled to.

If another motorist or third party is at fault for your injuries then you may also have a common law claim. That is, if you have suffered a serious injury and we can prove your injuries occurred due to their negligence. In these circumstances we can claim compensation for pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and depending on your circumstances, loss of income.

Victims of Crime – VOCAT Claims

If you have been the victim of a violent crime in Victoria we can assist you to apply for compensation from the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal. We can help you free of charge as VOCAT covers our fee. Grants of assistance may include counselling costs, medical expenses, ambulance fees, funeral costs, cost of replacing damaged clothing, safety related expenses (relocation costs and security cameras), loss of earnings (capped at $ 20,000) and Special Financial Assistance which is a lump sum payment in recognition of the harm you have suffered.

Total and Permanent Disablement Claims

Many people are unaware that they have Total and Permanent Disablement Insurance attached to their superannuation.

We can assist you to access your entitlement if you find that you are no longer able to work due to suffering an injury or condition.

Often we can bring these claims in addition to your claim under WorkCover or TAC if you are injured at work or in a transport accident.

Employment Law – Unfair Dismissal

If you have been terminated from your employment or you have been forced to resign due to something your employer did then you may have an unfair dismissal claim.

To have a claim your dismissal must be considered harsh, unjust or unreasonable.

If you think you have been unfairly dismissed it is important to seek legal advice quickly as your claim must be lodged with Fair Work Commission within 21 days of the dismissal occurring.

Pass in Peace

We provide end-of-life legal support through our unique Pass In Peace service. This includes the development of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Medical Treatment Decision Maker documents as well as a plan that will greatly assist your loved ones when you die.

Visit Pass in Peace

Talk to us today.

Write us an email, give us a call or fill out the form provided – it’s sent directly to Ann’s inbox. Ann reads every email personally and will get back to you ASAP.

Have a chat with Ann even if you don’t think you have a case, she will be more than happy to evaluate your situation.

E. info@gritlegal.com.au
P.  0428 967 046

PO Box 88, Camperdown VIC 3260
26 Leura Street, Camperdown VIC  3260

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.